The deadline for Canterbury's first red zoned residents to accept the Crown offer for their properties has expired.
Crown offers were made to 2970 homeowners after the first round of land-zoning decisions announced in June last year.
Cera chief executive Roger Sutton told The Press last week that as the expiry deadline approached his staff had been in "close contact" with many of the properties owners "to ensure they have all the information they need".
That had included phone calls and letters, he said.
"These are not easy decisions for people to make, and people living in these worst-affected areas of the city have already been through so much,'' he said.
''We have consistently said these people need to take the time to get the best advice they can before making a decision.
Property owners in South New Brighton and Southshore who were zoned red on May 18, 2012, have up to 12 months from the date of their offer letter or until May 31, 2013, whichever comes first, to return their sale and purchase agreement.
The final date for these property owners to settle with the Crown is June 30 next year.
Offers have yet to be sent to the most recently designated red-zone properties on the Port Hills.
Eighty-six per cent of property owners across all residential red zones who have received a Crown letter of offer have signed a sale and purchase agreement.
The numbers as compiled last week were:
- Total red-zone properties, 7560.
- Consent forms returned, 6857.
- Sign sale and purchase agreements, 5572.
- Settled and been paid out, 4402.
Of the 4402 settlements, 1111 have selected option 1 and 3291 have selected option 2.