Where: Moorhouse Avenue, west of the Antigua Street intersection.
When: Within the week of Monday 6 February, for about six weeks.
What we are doing
Downer, as part of SCIRT, is repairing the earthquake damaged road, wastewater, storm water and freshwater pipes in a section of Moorhouse Avenue.
Our work began in November last year and so far we have completed stages 1, 2, and 3.
Within the week of Monday 6 February, we will begin the final stage of works along Moorhouse Avenue.
This work will take about six weeks to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
During this stage we will be replacing the wastewater, storm water and fresh water main, reconstructing the carriageway, and making repairs to the kerb, channel and footpath.
- Westbound traffic on Moorhouse Avenue will be reduced to two lanes.
- There will be no right turns across the Moorhouse Avenue and Antigua Street intersection.
- There will be no on-street parking around the worksite.
- There will be a 30 km/ hour speed limit in place around the worksite.
- Please be alert to changes in traffic management, follow signage and drive to changed conditions.
- Our work hours are Monday to Friday between 7.00am and 6.00pm. On occasion we may work during the weekend and at night to complete essential work.