What: Replacing a segment of the wastewater mainline.
Where: Connal Street, Woolston.
When: Starting Monday 13 February 2017 for about four weeks.
What we are doing
- As you may know, Downer as part of SCIRT, has been repairing the earthquake damaged wastewater system in Woolston.
- Starting Monday 13 February 2017, we will be replacing a segment of the wastewater mainline between two manholes in Connal Street. See Map 1 for location of works.
- This work will take about four weeks to complete, subject to favourable weather and on-site conditions.
- We will dig a trench about 3 metres wide and 3 metres deep to expose and remove the old wastewater pipe and then lay the new section of pipe.
- As the trench gradually progresses east along the treeline, we will backfill and reinstate the surface of the ground.
- Two-way traffic will be maintained on Connal Street using a priority give-way system.
- Vehicle access to businesses will be maintained, however please be aware the lane will be narrower and tighter than usual.
- Please contact Downer using the details overleaf if you have any large deliveries we need to consider. Alternatively, there will be a crew member on-site who will be able to assist vehicles passing through.
- There will be no on-street parking along the worksite. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- We will be dewatering, which lowers the ground water within the trench. We will be using dewatering spears which are placed into the ground. The ground water is pumped into a sediment tank which will be used to filter the ground water before it is released into the storm water system.