What: Replacing a section of storm water pipe.
When: Starting Tuesday 7 March 2017, for about two days.
Traffic: Footpath closure. Detour in place.
What we are doing
- Downer, as a part of SCIRT, is repairing the earthquake damaged roads, storm water and wastewater systems in Mt Pleasant and Redcliffs.
- Starting Tuesday 7 March 2017, we will replacing a segment of storm water pipe at the eastern end of Monks Spur Road. See Map 1.
- This work will take about two days to complete, subject to favourable on-site and weather conditions.
- The work will involve digging a trench to remove the section of damaged pipe and then replacing it when a new piece.
- Once the new pipe is laid we will backfill and reinstate the surface of the ground.
- Pedestrian access to the walkway leading to and from Main Road will be closed between the hours of 7:00am- 5:00pm. Normal access will be restored afterhours.
- The property owner at 2 Moncks Spur Road has kindly allowed pedestrians to use their property as a detour to the walkway. Signs will be in place directing the way.
- Please be courteous when walking through the property. This includes keeping noise levels down and closing the gate as you leave. Thank you for your consideration.
- There will be a reduction in on-street parking around the worksite.