What we are doing
- Downer, as part of SCIRT, has identified a dip in the road on Rutherford Street where we previously completed wastewater repairs.
- Starting the night of Wednesday 15 March 2017, we will be re-levelling the road at the intersection of Rutherford Street and Barton Street, Woolston. See Map and Image 1 for location of works.
- This work will be done in two stages and take one night to complete, subject to favorable on-site and weather conditions. We will be working from 9:00pm - 6:00am.
- Stage 1 will involve digging out the southbound lane of Rutherford Street and re-levelling it using a grader.
- After this we will put down plates to cover the road and allow traffic to flow while we dig and re-level the northbound lane - Stage 2
- Once both lanes of Rutherford Street are re-levelled, a separate roading crew will seal the road from 3:00am - 6:00am.
- This work is being done at night to minimise the impact to businesses and traffic during the day.
- Note: If time permits we will also be replacing a small section of the kerb and channel. If this cannot be done before roading repairs are complete we will need to return on another day during normal daytime hours. This work will require minimal set-up and have no impact on traffic flow.
- Starting from 9:00pm - 6:00am two-way traffic flow will be maintained using a 4-way stop-go system.
- There will be a reduction of on-street parking around the worksite.
- Please be alert to changes in traffic management, follow signage and drive to the changed conditions.
- You may notice an increased level of noise coming from the excavator, grader, and sealing equipment.
- We will do our best to keep disruption to a minimum and appreciate your patience while we complete these repairs.
- If you have any concerns about the impact of this work please contact us using the details below.
Need more information? Contact Downer on 0800 400 310 or [email protected] Monday to Friday 8:30 - 5:00pm
Afterhours Contact (City Care) 03 941 7200